FW: Free Advertising For Your Business!

McGee, Chris (CMMcGee@Pella.com)
Fri, 5 Jun 1998 15:12:29 -0500

Look, Bill "Tutopia" SpamBoy has an auto-reply account set up!

Gee, some annoyed, unethical person could get an anonymous
mailer from somewhere, like
http://www.rootshell.com/archive-ld8dkslxlxja/199805/sendmailhelo.txt,
and send a vast quantity of messages to his autoresponder, from his
other account. Or to his autoresponder, from the autoresponder's
account, generating an eventually-fatal loop if it's a 'dumb' responder.

I sure hope that doesn't happen!

(Why are linux-admin and linux-kernel ground zero for these dumb
spammers?? Aren't there safer playgrounds elsewhere?)

--Chris