Re: 2.1.104 kmod/sound problem, 2.1.104pre1 was fine.

Linus Torvalds (torvalds@transmeta.com)
Sun, 7 Jun 1998 10:41:47 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 7 Jun 1998, Tigran Aivazian wrote:

> In 2.1.104 proper I can't get kmod to autoload char-major-14 I get
> a message from kmod saying that it fails to execute

I'll have a 105 shortly that fixes this oversight in capabilities handling
(the fix may be a bit more draconian than it should be, but hey, if you
have auto-loadable modules you may want to really consider security very
very carefully).

This should finally fix the sounds problems too, as I applied the Alan
patches (tm).

So expect a 105 within hours,

Linus