Re: filehandle patch for 2.0.34

Jon Lewis (jlewis@inorganic5.fdt.net)
Mon, 8 Jun 1998 16:16:57 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 8 Jun 1998, Brian wrote:

> I noticed this newer patch prints "select kmalloc" and "select kfree" ot
> the console when those are called. This isn't a problem right? I guess
> it was mostly for those who engineered the patch to see when those
> operations were being done? and the rest of us who use the patch can
> safely ignore? I get about 10 or so "select kmalloc" on startup.

I think Michael put these in for debugging originally, and when I first
got the patch from him, I think the code was there but was commented out.
I kind of like to know when and with what frequency the kernel is doing
these kmallocs, and was curious to see if there would ever bee kfrees. I
don't think I've ever seen kfree happen here. You can comment out the
printks if you don't want to know.