Re: smbfs changes date when reding files

Chris Wedgwood (chris@cybernet.co.nz)
Tue, 9 Jun 1998 11:44:24 +1200

On Mon, Jun 08, 1998 at 06:57:54PM +0200, Furter Martin wrote:

> I have a problem with smbfs when I access files on an NT machine. When I
> read the files their date is changed to something like random date.

I think is a funny in the SMB protocol - apparently 95 and NT do dates
differently. I know when I mount a 95 drive and gets the dates working, NT
breaks and when I mount and NT drive and get it working, the 95 dates break.

I think there is a mount option to choose which set of bugs to work around.
Bill Hawes did a fair bit on hacking this some time back, but I think those
changes are on;y in recent kernels, not 2.0.x (you didn't say what you were
using).

-Chris