Re: piss poor change in ncr53c8xx/linux-2.1.104r

Richard Waltham (dormouse@farsrobt.demon.co.uk)
Tue, 9 Jun 1998 01:38:58 +0100 (BST)

Pavel Machek wrote:

> Hi!
>
> > FOR YOUR INFORMATION, THIS DRIVER IS STILL MAINTAINED.
>
> No need to be rude, that person did not have any bad intention. (I was
> not that person, FYI).
>
> > FYI, this change will not be incorporated in my personal driver version,
> > which is currently 2.6n and will become 3.0 soon with a patch against
> > 2.0.34 followed by the announce that I stop maintaining ncr53c8xx 2.5
> > driver series.
>
> Ook, what about following patch? (I consider having DELAY() function
> when there are generic mdelay() and udelay() functions available bad
> thing.)
>
> Pavel

mdelay certainly doesn't appear in my copy of 2.0.34.

Adding gratuitous changes to well maintained code is doing a great
disservice not only to the maintainers but to everyone else trying to keep
in sync with them.

It might look pretty but its no good if it doesn't work.

Bye for now
Richard

--
 Richard Waltham   |               Work: richard@digtalinterface.demon.co.uk