Re: New Linux distribution - PSL

George Bonser (grep@shorelink.com)
Wed, 10 Jun 1998 09:40:53 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 10 Jun 1998, Vadim E. Kogan wrote:

> Yeah, all these things are great! The only problem is that you have to
> do it yourself & learn how to do it right. And no real help from dist.
> But I want it to be the *default* on server-system. I want installation
> to be able to benefit from such a SMP machine on the net, that has all
> the required stuff compiled the way you want it.
>
> Vadim

That is what makes Debian different, it is a distribution made by
contributors, not a company. The volunteer developers decide what is in it
and what is not. You could easilly contrtibute your changes to the
packages and make them the default config if it makes sense to do so.

George Bonser

Microsoft! Which end of the stick do you want today?