Re: Lockup with CDROM

Gregory Hinton Nietsky (gregory@dinkytoy.nis.za)
Thu, 11 Jun 1998 10:25:36 +0200 (GMT+0200)

ive posted this problem a while back with .103
im NOT running smp and ...

useing module cdrom ide-cd and builtin sb16
workman works well then takes the load ave to 1 and holds it there
running top does not show anything going ape ...

if i log out without closeing workman it will lock up over night
or when it goes into this 1 load state (after a few mins) ctrl-alt bsp

does not seem to help (dont know why )

ps thx for the work in 2.1.105 on the sound for the hell of it ...
i (experiment/debug) compiled in the lowlevel drivers even though i dont
need them and am running all off modules

please could ya update the sound sb module howto with 2.2 in mind to
discourage my lowlevel escapades as you must insmod soundlow and soundcore b4
sound sb and opl3 wit the 16bit card

Gregory Hinton Nietsky Tel:+27 21 7628512
Cyberhost Internet Services
Technical Director