Re: [Off topic] Re: New Linux distribution - PSL

Mike A. Harris (mharris@ican.net)
Fri, 12 Jun 1998 04:28:30 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 11 Jun 1998, Martin Konold wrote:

> There are numerous people inkl. me and _several_ intellectual property
> lawers (two patent attorneys in this case) who strongly disagree with RMS
> et al. in this special case after I did present them the license terms and
> some mails from RMS.
>
> On the other hand I do know that RMS would hate if the developers would
> switch to a BSD style license. I therefor would like to suggest that you
> stop spreading the word that bundling KDE with a linux distribution is
> illegal and I will try to convince the KDE people to keep the (L)GPL for
> all code they are contributing to a great piece of unix sw. (You might
> need it as soon as FreeQt is finished)
>
> Yours,
> -- martin
> P.S.: I do get the strong impression that the US market leader in Linux
> distributions is in deep trouble if they do not manage to get a decent
> desktop soon!

That would be Redhat right? I doubt they'll see much trouble. I
run RedHat, and I run KDE, and I have a nice desktop. Big deal.

Escape from the confines of Microsoft's operating systems and push your
PC to it's limits with LINUX - a real OS. http://www.redhat.com