Re: OFFTOPIC: Linux & GLIBC

Andrea Arcangeli (arcangeli@mbox.queen.it)
Sun, 14 Jun 1998 03:27:57 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 13 Jun 1998, German Jose Gomez Garcia wrote:

>messages a day, and although I do use glibc, and had terrible headaches
>"pseudoporting" every application I use (that is *every* application :)
>to glibc and remembered of Drepper's relatives many times ;) I think you
>are getting angry, and that's no good to Linux, just my opinion, but I think
>that if Ulrich wants his lib to became a standard quickly he should be
>more flexible about standards (people don't like so radical changes), but
At the time you are installing glibc on your machine you are agreeing 100%
with Urlich and your target is binary compatibility, not source code
compatibilty so, doing that, you are aware to make "radical changes" in
your system.

If you are so lazy don' t install glibc! Nobody force you to use it.

Andrea[s] Arcangeli