RE: Do people with CRC errors have "686" in .config?

Meino Christian Cramer (root@solfire.ludwigsburg.netsurf.de)
Sun, 14 Jun 1998 06:41:18 -0000 (???)

Hi Benjamin!

Yes, I am using -DCPU=686 (my box runs an AMDK6)
and
No, I don't think, that is the problem:
I have recompiled the kernel with Pentium settings
(via make xconfig and Processor type set to Pentium/etc.)
Botting this kernel causes a hard reboot of the PC while
uncompressing the kernel. No CRC error is shown. A complete
reset is caused as I had pressed the little hard reset button
at the front panel of the PC....

What shall I do now???
(My PC is -- for heaven's sake -- a LINUX-only, so I cannot
use loadlin...)

KEEP HACKING!
meino

E-Mail: Meino Christian Cramer <root@solfire.ludwigsburg.netsurf.de>