Re: Burning with scsi-emulation problem...

Rik van Riel (H.H.vanRiel@phys.uu.nl)
Mon, 15 Jun 1998 15:08:21 +0200 (MET DST)

On Mon, 15 Jun 1998, Kalle Andersson wrote:

> There is a small problem though, when all data is written and it is
> supposed to write the end of the session I get some errors and cdrecord
> exits. The toaster continues to burn though.
> The write-led is still shining so I assume it is still writing.
> After about 30secs (very approx) it seems to stop though.
> Any ideas?

Well, the errors were retryable, the buffer was full all
of the time and it takes some time to empty the buffer...

The most obvious possibility is that the cd toasting
program wanted to exit while the drive's buffer was still
full and the drive told it to hold on for a while :-)
Then you get error messages saying to retry closing the
device. If the CD is burn all-right, this is probably
what happened...

Rik.