Re: Strange PPA (Parallel Zip Disk) with 2.1.103+

Gary Lawrence Murphy (garym@maya.dyn.ml.org)
Mon, 15 Jun 1998 19:29:25 -0400

A> On Mon, 15 Jun 1998, Gary Lawrence Murphy wrote:
>> Since 2.1.103 I have had lockups when trying to mount the Zip
>> disk.

A> What before 2.1.103? Does ppa work on 2.0.34? And with 2.0.33?

No problems before then. The Zip worked just as described in the mini-HOWTO

>> # cat /proc/scsi/ppa/0 Version : 1.39a Parport : parport1 Mode
>> : PS/2

A> Can you try setting in the BIOS EPP mode?

I'll give that a go and let you know if it fixes the problem; without looking
at it, I think there was either some reason why I had to disable this mode
or perhaps it is already set but is not recognized.

Gary Lawrence Murphy <garym@canada.com> ----- http://visitweb.com/~garym/
TeleDynamics http://visitweb.com/teledynamics/ RR#1 Sauble Beach, Ont CAN
telecenter design -- telework systems -- intranet/extranet consulting
"You don't play what you know; you play what you hear." ----- Miles Davis