DTMF && linux (was: Re: Ring-Detect and PPP)

Peter-Paul Witta (e9525748@student.tuwien.ac.at)
Tue, 16 Jun 1998 17:15:53 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 16 Jun 1998, Rod Gotty wrote:

> remotely connect to it. Instead, I want to be able to use any telephone
> (no modem here) to call my machine. My Linux machine sees ring indicate
> on the modem and says to itself (aha, Rod's calling me, I better connect
> to the Internet so he can telnet to me from where ever he is). Since my

ok. that's what i want too. but i'd like the caller to touch in a proper
dtmf sequence (numeric password) to prove authentification.

how can i decode dtmf sequences with linux?

(isdn or modem)?

kind regards, http://stud2.tuwien.ac.at/~e9525748/ 2:310/220.264
Peter-Paul Witta e9525748@student.tuwien.ac.at 436764605536@max.mail.at
SAMBA SUPPORT - FAX SOLUTIONS - INTRANET / EXTRANET - DBMS SQL SOLUTIONS