Re: port forwarding

Juanjo Ciarlante (irriga@impsat1.com.ar)
Tue, 16 Jun 1998 15:40:14 -0300

On Mon, Jun 15, 1998 at 10:55:09PM -0400, Paul Miller wrote:

> I'm trying to redirect a port from my internet connection to a local
> computer (kind of like reverse ip masquerading). On the stable kernels, I
> use:
>
> ipportfw -A -u [ip]/[port] -R [ip]/[port]
Ok for *2.0+portfw patch*

For 2.1 you'll need ipmasqadm tool (@my URL)
# ipmasqadm -a -P udp -L <ip> <port> -R <internal_ip> <another_port>

> Now, how can I do port forwarding on kernels 2.1.106 or greater? I've
> tried:
>
> ipchains -A forward -j REDIRECT -p [tcp|udp] -s [ip] [port] -d [ip] [port]
>
> ...and it seg. faulted. I've also tried adding the netmasks, and got the
> same results.
That's a transparent proxy setup (sort of forwarding "hook" and redirection
to LOCAL port), although it should not sigfault anyway.

Regards

--
-- Juanjo       http://juanjox.home.ml.org/
                       Yo don't need an hologram to know...