Re: [OFFTOPIC] Very amusing DNS...

Anthony Barbachan (barbacha@trill.cis.fordham.edu)
Thu, 18 Jun 1998 03:28:43 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Miller <paul@3dillusion.com>
To: Spirilis <spirilis@mindmeld.dyn.ml.org>
Cc: linux-kernel@vger.rutgers.edu <linux-kernel@vger.rutgers.edu>
Date: Tuesday, June 16, 1998 11:27 PM
Subject: Re: [OFFTOPIC] Very amusing DNS...

>A couple of days ago, they had a web page up at
>http://linus.microsoft.com. Guess what it was -- The default page for
>Apache on a RedHat installation!

This could mean that they have finally started porting IE 4.01 to Linux as
they have done for Solaris and HPUX. I heard that the IE for UNIX
programmers were all (or at least mostly) Linux guys, they may have
convinced MS to release IE for Linux. Or they might just have been
compiling Apache 1.3.0 with frontpage extensions (and the other bundled
utilities) for Linux. If it is IE, the addition of MS as an application
provider for Linux should be benifitial to us.