Re: Abusive internet user (spamboy) (fwd)

Leonard N. Zubkoff (lnz@dandelion.com)
Thu, 18 Jun 1998 10:03:31 -0700

From: "Mike A. Harris" <mharris@ican.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 02:00:23 -0400 (EDT)

I just sent a letter to redshift.com concerning the recent
spamming by spamboy (a 100k or so spam email bomb). Here is
redshift's whois query:

[snip]

I wrote to postmaster and cc'd to abuse. The message that I got
back is either serious, or is sarcasm, perhaps even spamboy
himself... ? I'm not sure, but I thought I'd post it here to see
what you all make of it.

I know the people running Red Shift and used to have a secondary account with
them. Tony is definitely not "spamboy", and I'm sure they are serious about
stopping this abuse.

Leonard