Re: Apologies Re: F*cking spam: Forwarded mail....

Rik van Riel (H.H.vanRiel@phys.uu.nl)
Thu, 18 Jun 1998 20:31:54 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 18 Jun 1998, Differential Form wrote:

> Actually that was not copied in its entirety but in any case I apologize
> for sending even that bit to the list. It was a temporary lack of
> judgement.
> Is there any way to filter this crap out before it gets distributed to the
> list members?

The list owner could implement a filter that deletes all
messages that don't have the list's address in the To:
or Cc: header.
It worked for me and filtered out _all_ off the spam
messages last month... (instead, I got them in my INBOX)

The argument that it breaks local 2-way mail->news
exploders is moot, since the administrators of those
lists can easily modify their software to put the
linux-kernel address in the Cc: header...

Rik.