Re: [OFFTOPIC] Very amusing DNS...

robbie@scot-mur.demon.co.uk (linker@nightshade.ml.org)
Thu, 18 Jun 1998 18:29:25 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 18 Jun 1998, Rik van Riel wrote:

> On Thu, 18 Jun 1998, Spirilis wrote:
[snip]

> In half a year, we're going to be the _only_ OS that's
> running MS Internet Exploder at a decent speed...
> Will that mean that MS can't do without _us_ and that
> some of the internetting population will switch to
> us :-)

Nope, they will just fill the innerloops with busycode.. And make IE Linux
slower then all the rest, and it will slow the whole system down while
it's running.

> MS might just topple itself by showing that there _is_
> one platform where IE runs at full speed.

Then they will develop some benchmark thats based on IE and use it show
that Linux is slow.

> Oh, and OS/2 definately isn't toppled! It still has twice
> the number of users Windows NT has, and NT is being widely
> touted a succes :)

Somehow I doubt there are that many people still running OS2.

This would be like determining that people on other planets use Linux
because if you add up all the times all of the Linux kernels been
downloaded, copyed, or put on a distribution cd and add them up you arrive
at a number larger then the population of earth.