Re: AHA-1510a supported?

Aaron J. Grier (agrier@cse.ogi.edu)
Thu, 18 Jun 1998 16:47:43 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 18 Jun 1998, Jochen Heuer wrote:

> If I load the needed modules by doing _modprobe aha152x aha152x=0x340_
> the controller is found but not the attached cdrom. Here comes some
> output from syslog:

Just a wild guess, but do you have the scsi CD-ROM module (sr_mod) loaded?
That, along with a rescanning of the scsi bus should get you going. You
can also use the

/proc/scsi/scsi

hack as documented in linux/drivers/scsi/scsi.c to manually add the
cdrom, or hack /etc/conf.modules to insert the sr_mod module after
installing aha152x.

----
Aaron J. Grier | agrier@cse.ogi.edu
"We have no intention of shipping another bloated operating system
and forcing that down the throats of our Windows customers."
-- Paul Maritz, Microsoft GVP, regarding JAVA