Re: SCSI in kernel 2.0.34.

Daniel Ryde (ryde@tripnet.se)
Fri, 19 Jun 1998 00:22:48 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 18 Jun 1998, Doug Ledford wrote:

> > Additional sense indicates Internal target failure
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> Come on Daniel, you can read. The drive is complaining that there is some
> sort of internal error.

Yes, yes, I know... It might coincide with a hardware thing, but the same
day I swiched from pre10 to the real one it began to generate these
errors. Swiching back to pre10 made it go away. I had it running for weeks
with pre10 without problems. It was just too obvious, sorry. Even if it is
a SCSI reporting addition, the ex2fs errors still would be on both
kernels, which they are not.

> Run an e2fsck -c /dev/sdb1 under the 2.0.34pre10 and see what it has to say
> (or what messages the driver throws on the screen).

I will test more, and go back to pre10 for a longer period and make sure I
dont get any odds and errors. So wait a bit (I will have a holliday and
weekend for now. No computers! (Ermm, I will atleast try and see if that's
possible)).

/D.Ryde