Re: e2fs + large disk == slug?

Rogier Wolff (R.E.Wolff@BitWizard.nl)
Fri, 19 Jun 1998 15:18:20 +0200 (MET DST)

Rogier Wolff wrote:

> Anyway, the "nocheck" might mean that it doesn't check if all the
> superblocks are the same. That is not all that important. Have it
> check that the first two times you mount it, but after that there is
> nothing that should be changing them. ....

If I'd known that linux-kernel was still on the cc-list, I'd have
checked before sending this off.

I was mislead. It checks the block and inode bitmaps. For instance the
block bitmap of group 5 should indicate that the block that contains
the backup super inside group 5 is not available for normal data.
Also a few other checks are done.

(I'd say: Fine by me, but run that in the background.)

Roger.

--
Actor asks a collegue: "To what do you owe your success in acting?"
Answer: "Honesty. Once you've learned how to fake that, you've got it made."