Re: LM78 Kernel Support?

Andrea Arcangeli (arcangeli@mbox.queen.it)
Sat, 20 Jun 1998 13:48:20 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 20 Jun 1998, Cyrille Chepelov wrote:

>Since the LM78 and up (LM79 and Intel HecetaII) are also capable of
>asserting an interrupt when the temperature goes above a certain
>(programmable) level, or when the fans stop working, that'd be also great
>to have something to put behind these triggers...

I just implemented that unfortunately I never made a diff and I have not
implemented a way that allow you to select at runtime if generate or not a
SMI interrupt. The other _bad_ thing was that with my old motherboard
after the system gone in stand-by mode (after the SMI interrupt), I was
not more able to restart the machine pressing the power button as usual so
I had to reset...

You can find my old lm78 hack (that not generate the SMI interrupt) for
2.1.x at:

http://caristudenti.cs.unibo.it/~arcangel/kernel-patch

Andrea[s] Arcangeli