Re: Just wondering: any AI kernel/system optimization cq. control projects?

Benjamin Saller Bender (case@appliedtheory.com)
Tue, 23 Jun 1998 08:30:26 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 23 Jun 1998, Alex Ninaber wrote:

> An AI controlled kernel/system using for instance a neuralnet seems to be
> a pretty nice feature to show off with. Are there any people currently
> working on this? Or has it been shown to be completely useless. I wouldn't
> mind playing around with stuff like that...

I've spent a little time in this area. As a word of warning,
remember any time spent in the kernel is time not spent doing userspace
work, hence time lost. Nerual nets are costly. There are other options
though...