Re: Y2K

Spudgun (spudgun@earthlight.co.nz)
Wed, 24 Jun 1998 04:04:26 +1200 (NZST)

On Tue, 23 Jun 1998, Alan Cox wrote:

> From: Alan Cox <alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk>
> To: OLK <delise@online-club.de>
> Cc: linux-kernel@vger.rutgers.edu
> Subject: Re: Y2K

> > Alan Cox wrote:
> > > Has POSIX yet determined what sort of second since the Epoch ?
> > How many sorts of seconds do we have, and if so which one is the right
> > one ?

> As to which is the right one, Im not even going to try getting into it. Its
> like editor wars for people with degrees in astrophysics and higher mathematics ;)

How about this - It doesn't matter because your Computer is made by the
cheapest components the OEM can get away with.

ask yourself 'is my computer that accurate'

your computer will lose more than one second a year, so this is irrelevant

--
John Duthie
Personal Mail:   <spudgun@mail.earthlight.co.nz>