Re: [{patch} print_eip for 2.0.34] Re: 2.0.34 hangs

Andrea Arcangeli (arcangeli@mbox.queen.it)
Tue, 23 Jun 1998 14:47:11 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 23 Jun 1998, Pavel Machek wrote:

>Hi!
>
>> >I did it by kernel reserving one line at the end of screen for its
>> >info. It is fine here: it does not disturb normal console operation
>>
>> Printing only one line I would miss the kernel trace of the lock. Also I
>> need an additional info per address to take care of the order of the
>> trace.
>
>Is it possible to fit all info at single, long line?

Now there are logged on the screen 8char * 24 line (kernel trace) + 4chars
* 24 line (order of execution of the kernel trace). Remember also that the
print-eip patch is for debugging only when a machine has just problems
(not for profiling or other interesting things), it' s needed only when
the machine locks frequently. Now I just made it enabling/disabling from
/proc so when a guy will need to work with the machine the root will write
a 0 in /proc/sys/kernel/mcount-enabler and so on.

>Ook, I'll try to generate one.

OK!

Andrea[s] Arcangeli