Re: uniform input device packets?

Vojtech Pavlik (vojtech@twilight.ucw.cz)
Tue, 23 Jun 1998 22:17:23 +0200

On Tue, Jun 23, 1998 at 12:06:53PM -0700, David Lang wrote:

> simplified as mentiond below I think this would also give us an easy hook to use
> with USB devices. If the program is accepting input and all the devices send the
> codes (I don't know if we really need the timestamp) the program would then be
> able to handle them all appropriatly.

Yes; USB input device support could follow fairly easily then. However, USB in
itself can do more than just input devices.

The timestamp - it is needed, so that an application knows in what order events
happened, and what time apart they are. Imagine detecting a double click with heavily
loaded, and swapping machine. It might be impossible without timestamps.

Vojtech