Re: joystick (was Re: Y2K)

Robert Hamilton (hamilton@kdi.com)
Wed, 24 Jun 1998 21:27:31 -0500

On Tue, Jun 23, 1998 at 11:17:36PM +0200, Vojtech Pavlik wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 23, 1998 at 01:16:23PM -0500, Robert Hamilton wrote:
> > Why does the joystick driver now open in blocking mode by default?
>
> Because it generates events, and not just reports the current state.

Ok I see. Just wondering since I end up adding O_NONBLOCK to the
open() on any games I download which use the old joystick driver.

By the way, you might be pleased to hear that the joystick driver
seems to work very well with "fly8" flight simulator with minimal
changes in the fly8 code (testing only the 0.x compatibility part,
tho).