Re: Scheduler fixes

MOLNAR Ingo (mingo@valerie.inf.elte.hu)
Thu, 25 Jun 1998 07:56:27 +0200 (MET DST)

On 25 Jun 1998, Michael O'Reilly wrote:

> How often is schedule() called anyway? Even if it's 1000 times per
> second, you're talking much less than 0.1% of cpu time.

although i agree with you on the topic, this reasoning is false :) Just
add 100 such features and it will end up eating 10% CPU time ... this way
lies the devil. The point is, we should not look at the global overhead,
we should look at wether a given mechanizm is fundamentally needed or not.

-- mingo