Re: LVM / Filesystems / High availability

Shawn Leas (sleas@ixion.honeywell.com)
Thu, 25 Jun 1998 19:30:04 -0500 (CDT)

I would like to thank you for helping me clarify this nasty thread. It
was getting a little crowded with the "but the FS will have to know if the
LV takes blocks away in the middle" comments.

Having worked with LVM, I know it's a fundamentally wonderful abstraction
that doesn't preclude an LV's being used just like a regular partition,
only better!

I will continue trying to glibc'ify it when I can. If I or someone does
this portably, we will send you a patch, and yes, we'll try not to break
it for libc5.

Thank you thank you thank you for LVM!!!!!

-Shawn