Re: Solved: Strange Kernel Problems

Christopher Drexler 09.158 (drexler@informatik.uni-erlangen.de)
Tue, 30 Jun 1998 16:44:31 +0200

Here's what he wrote:

> From: chuck <chuck@gigabyte.com.tw>
> To: Wolfgang Sporer <wgsporer@cip.informatik.uni-erlangen.de>
> Subject: Gigabyte 686DLX
>
> Hi,
>
> My name is Chuck, I¡m part of Gigabyte¡s technical support department.
> We are aware of the problem you mentioned. Please remove the C82, C83,>
> C84, and also C99, C100, C101,C106, C107, C108, C109, C110. All of which
> are located on the left side of the 4 Dimm slots, above the IDE1 port.
> The above mentioned are the differences between IC and 1E.
> Please kindly reply after the problem is solved so I can finish complete
> the report concerning this matter

As you can think, i'm not responsible for any damage caused by performing
the mentioned changes :-).

We are waiting for our reseller to change/upgrade our board.

Hope the info helps.

Bye
chris

--
Christopher | Snail: Lehrstuhl fuer Mustererkennung (Informatik 5)
Drexler     |        Universitaet Erlangen-Nuernberg