Re: increasing page size

Mon, 6 Jul 1998 21:11:46 +0200 (MET DST)

On Sun, 5 Jul 1998, Gerard Roudier wrote:

> For your infos, I have noticed that recent SCSI hard disks with
> fast firmware used on a low-latency SCSI subsystem and high
> bandwitch BUS are able to deliver max read sustaint data
> rate when actual IO chunks are 4KB.

Sorry, but I did miscalculate something. 8KB seems to be a more
accurate value. But the old Atlas II really needs only 4K IO
chunk.

Results looks like the following:

Atlas II DDRS DGVS (sent to me by Marc SHAEFER)
4KB 9.5 MB/s 7.2 MB/s 9.0 MB/s
8KB 9.6 MB/s 12.2 MB/s ?? (about 17 MB/s sustaint)

Sorry for the wrong infos.

Gerard.