Re: a patch that might help on small-memory machines (was Re: 2.1 MM [was: Re: 2.2 will never come..

Andrea Arcangeli (arcangeli@mbox.queen.it)
Tue, 7 Jul 1998 15:10:02 +0200 (CEST)

On 6 Jul 1998, Kevin Buhr wrote:

>The patch, against 2.1.106, is a bit long for the list:
>
> ftp://mozart.stat.wisc.edu/pub/misc/patch-2.1.106-freeinodes

I have tried it and the kernel started to make mess. No fs corruption
though. After a lot of IO the HD continued to run. I couldn' t reboot,
and I had to press reset. I could have applyed the patch badly since I had
to apply it partly by hand due lots of patch reject...

Andrea[s] Arcangeli