Re: Linux in Mondays NY Times

Gerhard Mack (gmack@imag.net)
Wed, 8 Jul 1998 12:34:41 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 8 Jul 1998, Alan Cox wrote:

> > The fellow that IBM folk generally consider to be most responsible for
> > the "IBM-PC/AT" architecture is Mark Dean. He lives right around the
> > corner from me. Strange world we live in where a yahoo that had nothing
> > to do with the original design should profit so handsomely from it. I
>
> Maybe someone should ask him. I've not seen a single concrete reference
> to a proven fact in this whole discussion

The only law suite I recall along these lines was the one where IBM forced
the clones to remove ROM Basic (load a basic interpreter if no
bootable devices found) from their clones. Considering that ruling I
find it hard to believe that even if MS purchased the rights, that they
would have been able to force anything more out of Intel/the clones.

Gerhard

--
Gerhard Mack
irc admin voyager.starchat.net

gmack@imag.net innerfire@starchat.net

As a computer I find your faith in technology amusing.