Re: Nasty VM lockup with v2.1.108

Alex Buell (alex.buell@tahallah.demon.co.uk)
Thu, 9 Jul 1998 14:12:51 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 9 Jul 1998, Bill Hawes wrote:

> This first line should just be a warning, but by failing to remove the
> page it results in a cascade of messages. The second line occurs because
> the swap entry has been released, so repeated attempts to remove the
> page then cause reports of the swap map being bad.

Ah! That explains the problems. I'll expect to see the patch in 2.1.109
then - I don't think this VM problem occurs regularly for me. I guess it
happened when my system was fully maxed out (and it's not often I max it
out!)

> I've posted a patch that should take care of things. (Sorry about your
> lost work.)

Nah, I did it better the second time around :o)

Cheers,
Alex.

Watch out, the NSA are everywhere. Your computer must be watched!

/\_/\ Legalise cannabis now!
( o.o ) Smoke some cannabis today!