Re: tulip reports incorrect statistics in /proc/net/dev

Scott Lampert (fortunato@heavymetal.org)
Mon, 13 Jul 1998 04:16:19 -0400

On Mon, Jul 13, 1998 at 10:16:05AM +0300, Samuli Kaski wrote:
> Notice that all transmits are recorded as errors & carrier errors
> although the network works 100%.

Before the "wrath of the kernel list" descends upon you, check out
Documentation/Changes and note the text buried in the paragraph at line 190.
If you're lucky you'll be spared the wonderful flames I got for asking the same
question due to my apparent ineptitude at noticing that important change buried
within a paragraph talking about IPv6.
-Scott

--
Scott Lampert              | Home Page: http://www.heavymetal.org