Re: Linus Speaks About KDE-Bashing

Dave Cinege (dcinege@psychosis.com)
Mon, 13 Jul 1998 06:10:31 -0400

Terry L Ridder wrote:

> Given that the KDE people have taken The GIMP source code and replaced
> GTK with QT, against the wishes of The GIMP's authors, and that QT will
> at some future date end up being released under the BSD License is what
> is being discussed.

Well my licence is bigger then your licence.

> If the KDE people would write a totally new KIMP from scratch which
> contains no The GIMP source code, they can do whatever they want with
> The KIMP. They just can not do it with The GIMP source code.

Big deal. Then the KDE people would basically consume Qt.
Since the GIMP by no means depends on QT (use GTK instead)
the point is moot.

The whole pricipal of this thread is FUBARed. Let's all go fix an Opps.

--
http://www.psychosis.com/emc/		Elite MicroComputers   732-541-4214
http://www.psychosis.com/linux-router/	Linux Router Project

I am a regex retard. Behold. Take pity.