pre-2.1.109-2 and console

John Hayward-Warburton (linux@billabong.demon.co.uk)
Mon, 13 Jul 1998 16:25:56 +0000 (GMT)

On Sun, 12 Jul 1998, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> - console updates, so now we have the full old functionality again as far
> as I'm concerned (but I'm sure people will tell me something is still
> missing)

Problem, I'm afraid, with the VESA 160x60 mode (in which I normally
run all my text consoles) on a Matrox Mystique (latest BIOS
installed). 2.1.106 worked perfectly.

On booting, the driver puts the text on the wrong lines, and
finishes by leaving /dev/tty1 ok, but all the others exhibit strange
line-related behaviour, doing such things as scrolling up two lines
at a time until the area being written to has left the screen, etc.

The 'reset' command makes no difference. I'm happy to test ideas if
anyone wants me to.

John Hayward-Warburton
linux@billabong.demon.co.uk