Re: /proc/sys/dev/cdrom missing

Erik Andersen (andersen@inconnect.com)
Wed, 15 Jul 1998 08:48:23 -0600 (MDT)

On Wed, 15 Jul 1998, Jamie Lokier wrote:

> I was just reading cdrom.c, when I saw there should be a file
> /proc/sys/dev/cdrom/info, listing information about the CD drives (like
> whether door locking is supported, drive speed etc.).
>
> My /proc/sys/dev is empty.
>
> The strings I would expect ("CD-ROM information", "drive name:", "drive
> speed:" etc.) are present in the kernel image.
>
> I'm using kernel 2.1.105, and the IDE CD driver is compiled in (not a
> module). Perhaps there's something up with the initialisation order?
>
> -- Jamie

Well, /proc/sys/dev/cdrom/info will only show up when cdrom.o is loaded
as a module, or compiled in. I havn't tried compiling ide-cd or cdrom
into the kernel for quite a long while now. Can others verify that they
also see this problem? Oh, one other thing... Do you have CONFIG_SYSCTL
enabled? This file will only show up in proc if you have CONFIG_SYSCTL
turned on.

-Erik

--
Erik B. Andersen   Web:    http://www.inconnect.com/~andersen/