Re: nfs in 2.0.33 ?

Michael L. Galbraith (mikeg@weiden.de)
Wed, 15 Jul 1998 19:05:54 +0200 (MET DST)

On Wed, 15 Jul 1998, Peter T. Breuer wrote:

> "A month of sundays ago DAVID BALAZIC wrote:"
> >

> > [ many lines about nfs deleted ]
> >
> > >File locking is a side item - knfsd does file locking, unfsd doesnt. Its
> > >a seperate and differently broken protocol ;)
> >
> > So is there a solution or what ?
> > Like a "working" network FS ?
> > Can I consider coda as a good replacement for nfs ?
>
> I essentially got told to "piss off unless I'm prepared to co-develop"
> when I asked that of Peter Braam, the scientist in charge. I'll post
> the conversation, if encouraged! I wasn't very amused by the attitude,
> but then they are clearly defensive about something, and CMU is not a
> hassle-free work environment.

That would be a VERY RUDE behavior. In the _rest_ of your post, you
harp on and on about how they didn't kiss your ass when you demanded it.
They are at fault.. it couldn't possibly be that _you_ don't have your
machine set up with the utils necessary to get the job done. Sounds
like you want a goddamn hold-my-hand install.

When dealing with software in development, you have no right to bitch
about anything, and 'tell them to fix it'. You want to BETA test, then
DO THAT and report your findings.

Where in the hell do you get the right to say something like they have
something to hide? Don't answer that.. I'm too pissed to even listen.

This post pushed my button.

-Mike