Re: A new FAQ for the Linux kernel mailing list

Richard Gooch (Richard.Gooch@atnf.CSIRO.AU)
Sun, 19 Jul 1998 19:23:43 +1000

Pavel Machek writes:
> > The purpose of this FAQ is twofold:
> >
> > 1) To improve the signal to noise ratio on the kernel list. We would like to
> > have in the FAQ answers to most questions that are repetitively asked on the
> > kernel list. The best way to fight noise is accurate, authoritative,
> > well-researched information.
>
> You actually added line to every mail, which is adding noise in my
> eyes. (Well, not actually you, but someone did.) Could you take them
> back? Or replace whole

Why does this bother you so much? The FAQ pointer is tucked away
nicely down the bottom. Contrast this to long pointless threads or
lots of FAQ-style questions. Which is really worse?

Regards,

Richard....