Re: about syslogd and printk()

Mike Jagdis (mike@roan.co.uk)
Mon, 20 Jul 1998 13:27:13 +0100 (GMT/BST)

On 19 Jul 1998, Andi Kleen wrote:

> But why do you want this? Networking already has packet sockets, which
> are able to intercept every packet just fine.

That reminds me... I was trying to get get diald to use AF_PACKET,
SOCK_DGRAM snooping at the weekend (as I want it manage ippp links).
However it seems that an AF_PACKET, SOCK_DGRAM never receives
anything when bound to a slip interface (my test code did get data
when I changed the interface name to something else). Using AF_PACKET,
SOCK_PACKET does get data. I can work around this for now as only the
proxy needs to be slip. I don't know the net code well enough to
figure this one out - even after staring blankly at it for a weekend :-(.

Mike

|  Mike Jagdis                  |  Internet:  mailto:mike@roan.co.uk   |
|  Roan Technology Ltd.         |                                      |
|  54A Peach Street, Wokingham  |  Telephone:  +44 118 989 0403        |
|  RG40 1XG, ENGLAND            |  Fax:        +44 118 989 1195        |