Re: 2.1.110 breaks non-Intel architectures...

Chris Wedgwood (chris@cybernet.co.nz)
Wed, 22 Jul 1998 15:41:35 +1200

Looks like pre111-1 fixes this, and it doesn't back out the vmalloc changes
which, IMO really suck.

I don't like doing pointer arithmetic using `longs' because I'm afraid one
day we'll have a port where sizeof(long) != sizeof(void*).

(When I say it looks like pre111-1 fixes this, I mean the diff. has got a
change to asm/fixup which seems like it should work, not actually tried it).

-cw