Re: Low-memory compile times

Chris Wedgwood (chris@cybernet.co.nz)
Thu, 23 Jul 1998 20:06:32 +1200

On Thu, Jul 23, 1998 at 09:27:41AM +0200, Rogier Wolff wrote:

> I've noticed some "scheduling" strangeness on 2.1.x kernels too.
>
> 2.1 seems to schedule some things differently, so that when I move a
> window about, it sometimes lags behind in a way that it didn't do on
> 2.0 kernels. This makes it feel sluggish. It may actually be
> scheduling something faster so that this increases the workload.

I see the odd locks up now and then. I'm not sure if its a scheduler
problem, I think its more like procmail appending a message on a mailbox 30
megs in size or something.

This sort of thing isn't normally a problem, but I've just installed a
quake2 server and have to give it the compulsory initially testing.

-cw