Re: Knfsd filehandles on 64-bit CPUS

Steven N. Hirsch (shirsch@adelphia.net)
Thu, 23 Jul 1998 18:53:55 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 20 Jul 1998, Bill Hawes wrote:

> Can someone confirm whether there's still a problem with knfsd
> filehandles on 64-bit CPUs? Alan still lists it as a problem on his web
> page, and I don't recall seeing any patches go by.

I must lead a charmed life, but aside from a few log complaints about "RPC
failure code 35.." things are working just fine.

> I have an idea of how to fix this (if it's still broken), but if anyone
> else has ideas on this I'm open to suggestions.

I think the status of the userland utilities is the number one problem
with knfsd. I'm waiting for some indication that Olaf Kirch is going to
work on them. I'd tear into it, but my learning curve is likely to be
steep and my free time limited.

Steve