Re: 2.1.110 scrollback

Ragnar Hojland Espinosa (root@lightside.ddns.org)
Thu, 23 Jul 1998 16:59:36 +0200 (MET DST)

On Thu, 23 Jul 1998, Martin Mares wrote:
> Are you aware of the scrollback size being variable? Isn't your
> test output the case where this size is exactly zero? Try few more or
> few less lines of the test output.

Okay.. my previous post wasnt absolutely exact. To get 0 scrollback you
have to be at the bottom line of the screen when you switch back from
another vc and run the clear; perl thing.

outputing lines scrollback to line
383 180
384 no scrollback
385 361

And.. being at the bottom of the console where the last lines were
197
198
199 (the result of outputing 200 lines)

switched to another vc, came back, outputed another 200 lines, and when
I scrolled back, I could get to the start of those last 200 lines, with a
177 instead of a 199.

[scrollback ends here]
177
0
1

____/| Ragnar Hojland (ragnar@lightside.ddns.org) Fingerprint 94C4B
\ o.O| 2F0D27DE025BE2302C
=(_)= "Thou shalt not follow the NULL pointer for 104B78C56 B72F0822
U chaos and madness await thee at its end." hkp://keys.pgp.com