lkfq material

Garst R. Reese (reese@isn.net)
Sat, 25 Jul 1998 14:23:15 -0300

Hi Guys & Gals
It seems like both of these could go in lkfq and /Documentation
Also maybe a net-pf.txt e.g. what is net-pf-10 that I now see?
Subject: Re: new networking code, ipv4/arp.c and net/core/neighbour.c

On Fri, 24 Jul 1998, Fredrik Sjoholm wrote:

> as several people have noted, proxy arp does not work in 2.1.x.
> unfortunently i need both the traffic shaper and proxy arp. (i assumed the
> responsibility for a project that requires this, not knowing the state of
> the networking code.

It works and has been working for a very long time. You may have failed
to turn it ON

echo "1" >/proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
echo "1" >/proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/default/proxy_arp
echo "1" >/proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/eth0/proxy_arp
echo "1" >/proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/all/proxy_arp

> When trying to compile Xfree86 3.3.2 XF68_FBDev under
> 2.1.109 for intel it fails to compile
> programs/Xserver/hw/xfree68/fbdev/fbdev.c because
> FB_VISUAL_STATIC_DIRECTCOLOR is not defined.

Simply remove all lines referring to FB_VISUAL_STATIC_DIRECTCOLOR.

That mode doesn't exist in x86, so you don't need X to handle it.

--
Garst