Re: CVS repository of the developpement Kernel

Bernhard Rosenkraenzer (linux@microsoft.sucks.eu.org)
Sun, 26 Jul 1998 00:50:21 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 25 Jul 1998, Andre Doherty wrote:

> I have downloaded the whole CVS tree of the development Kernel at
> vger.rutgers.edu.
> I have updated the tree several times since then, eg today.
>
> I wonder why the version on that CVS repository isn't the latest one
> (is 2.1.109 when ftp.kernel.org offers version 2.1.111) ???

The CVS tree is not the official kernel tree.
Linus controls what gets into the official kernel tree, a lot of different
developers have write-access to the CVS tree.
In some respects, "2.1.109" from the CVS tree is newer than the official
2.1.111 tree.

LLaP
bero

--
Windows 98 supports real multitasking - it can boot and crash simultaneously.
***