Re: RedHat5.0 glibc 2.0.5s problem. Not a kernel problem, but...

Shawn Leas (sleas@ixion.honeywell.com)
Sun, 26 Jul 1998 19:53:22 -0500 (CDT)

On Sun, 26 Jul 1998, Frank Peng wrote:

> Please help!!!

At least you said please. Some are not so nice.

> I can not compile perl5.005 and other a little big program.

There's some growing pains with glibc2.

> If there is a way to delete lib.so.6, it will be nice to tell me.

Not if you like running things.

> I tried to compile glibc 2.0.6 from prep.ai.mit.edu. It can not be
> compiled and patched.

So don't!

> I got an egcs1.0.3a. But I do not how to use it. How it would be nice if
> it could replace the disguising lib.so.6!

Well, eh, there's more to it than that.

> It is said there is a glibc2.0.7 or glibc2.0.8. If any body tell me where
> I can find it, I will appreciate.

Just go to ftp.redhat.com and get the rpms for 5.1, and update 'em. I did
this for a friend, and nothing seemed to break, oddly enough. Use
rpm -U glibc-2.0.7blahblah.rpm

And you'll be set.

-Shawn