Re: mount/smbmount (2.2. release)

Hakan.Lennestal (hakan@tuttifrutti.cdt.luth.se)
Mon, 27 Jul 1998 19:43:21 +0200

Roderich Schupp writes:
> Peter Waltenberg <peterw@dascom.com> said:
> > Thats not quite correct, it'll work provided you don't have a libc-6
> > based system. If you have libc-6, it won't compile. I.e. Redhat 5.0 or
> > 5.1.
> > Even with the "obvious" changes made to make smbmount and smbmnt
> > compile I've still got problems with ownership of the mount points.
> > (Effectively making it unusable).
>
> The real problem is the header file /usr/include/linux/smb_mount.h.
> Since this file is used to communicate between user space (mount
> program) and kernel (implementation of mount syscall) it must use the
> _kernel_ types for uid_t, mode_t etc. (For libc5, kernel types libc
> types, that's why it works for libc5. For libc6 this is not true, e.g.
> kernel uid_t is 16 bits while libc6 uid_t is 32 bits wide.)
> smb_mount.h should read:
>

> struct smb_mount_data {
> int version;
> __kernel_uid_t mounted_uid;
> __kernel_uid_t uid;
> __kernel_gid_t gid;
> __kernel_mode_t file_mode;
> __kernel_mode_t dir_mode;
> };
>

> This has been mentioned on the list before. Could someone
> please fix it :)

Hi !

I'm getting a lot of "Too many open files in system" messages when
accessing files on smb mounted filesystems (kernel 2.1.111, RH 5.1).

> smbmount //loo/c passwd -c "mount /loo/c"
Added interface ip=xxx.xxx.xxx.yyy bcast=xxx.xxx.xxx.zzz nmask=255.255.255.xxx
Server time is Mon Jul 27 05:24:44 1998
Timezone is UTC+2.0
security=3Dshare
> ls /loo/c
ls: /loo/c/MSDOS.---: Too many open files in system
ls: /loo/c/MSDOS.SYS: Too many open files in system
ls: /loo/c/DETLOG.TXT: Too many open files in system
ls: /loo/c/WIN95: Too many open files in system
ls: /loo/c/Exchange: Too many open files in system
ls: /loo/c/IO.SYS: Too many open files in system
ls: /loo/c/RECYCLED: Too many open files in system
AUTOEXEC.BAT* COMMAND.COM* NETLOG.TXT* SUHDLOG.DAT*
BOOTLOG.PRV* CONFIG.SYS* Program Files/ SYSTEM.1ST*
BOOTLOG.TXT* LOGITECH/ SETUPLOG.TXT*

Regards.

/Håkan

e-mail: Hakan.Lennestal@lu.erisoft.se |