Re: 2.1.111: CONSOLE: STILL reproducible oddities

Mike (mike@oakley.keble.ox.ac.uk)
Mon, 27 Jul 1998 20:09:11 +0100 (BST)

On Sun, 26 Jul 1998, Chris Evans wrote:

> I'm using 2.1.111 with standard console support, eg. no fbcon stuff
> enables. I notice the following bugs/differences from 2.0.x and 2.1.106
> text mode consoles:
>
> 1) I can _blank_ the console with "find ." in /usr/src/linux. The
> operation takes about 1 sec to complete (when cached). If I press up arrow
> then return to fire off repeated "find ." commands _before_ the previous
> one has completed, my console blanks! Restores when I alt-f<something
> different>

I can hard reboot by doing it :P

> 2) On my system, Alt-F8 is a non-existant console. When I'm on a valid
> text console and press Alt-F8 (or F9, etc.) my text cursor stops blinking,
> but the screen remains on the original tty. Screwy.

Yeah, but who cares?

> 3) I appear to have _much_ less pages of scrollback with shift-pageup.

4) With APM screen blanking, the screen will not unblank again. This
occurs with or without the fbcon stuff (which incidentally is completely
screwed).

Back to 2.1.103 again.

--
Mike <rickettm@ox.compsoc.net>

The only possible interpretation of any research whatever in the `social sciences' is: some do, some don't. -- Ernest Rutherford